Tubì is more than a chandelier: able to feel the users, to understand its needs,to analyze its context and to trasform automatically, moving the enlightened body to the operating surface (tables or desks) improving the visual comfort. Tubì is supplied by a light analyzing app: the following application is used by the users mobile placed on the operating area; the smartphone interacts with the chandelier and sends to Tubi' instructions on how changing the configuration to improve the visual comfort. You should just leave your phone on the table and select the action that you want to accomplish: throught bluetooth on short ray, the signal is sent to the chandelier and this approaches the light point up to obtaining an optimal lighting ( costantly monitored by the mobile). The application also allows to adjust the colour and the temperature of the lights. So each user can configurate Tubì and, when relieved buetooth, be welcomed with a specific shape and colour. This makes tuBI' an exceptional piece of furniture which chages the room according to the inhabitant. Not only a functional element but also a sculptural and interactive object. All this is possible by a mobile "SKELETON" system built by an telescope aerial managed by an electrical actuator, an elastic ELASTAM “LEATHER” system, a 500% extensible fiber without approaching the plastic phase, a “HEART” composed by two enlighten sources, a spotlight and a led strip, both RGB and dimmerable, and a “BRAIN” composed by an elettronic center which coordinates all the other systems and connects them to all the mobile devices. Apart to the comfort use, it adds a energy saving, not only due to the led choice, but mainly by the approach of enlighten body to the operating area obtaining an enlightening increase without extra energetic waste.
Other prizes 2016
- Reddot Award Design Concept | project CrickIT
- Reddot Award Design Concept | project QWERTYsofa
- Reddot Award Design Concept | project BALAMP
- IF Design Award | project BALAMP2015
- HONOURABLE MENTION LICC London International Creative Competition | project PLAN
- HONOURABLE MENTION LICC London International Creative Competition | project Hang-ON!
- 1st prize IQU Architetura e Cità – new uses and projects secton
- Online prize IQU2014
- SELECTED Roma Design Lab: Urban Factory - Fare Piazza | project Tyrus
- 3° PRIZE RI.U.SO. 03. Category : Architects , project Rigenerazione del parcheggio multpiano a San Salvo (CH)
- 1° PRIZE IDA AWARD Internatonal Design Award. Category: home interior products – furniture | project QWERTY
- 2° PRIZE IDA AWARD Internatonal Design Award. Category: Media and Home Electronics | project Urbana
- 2° PRIZE IDA AWARD Internatonal Design Award. Category: architecture – renovaton | project Rigenerazione del parcheggio multpiano a San Salvo (CH)
- HONOURABLE MENTION IDA AWARD Internatonal Design Award. Category: urban sustainable design | project Wheelly
- HONOURABLE MENTION IDA AWARD Internatonal Design Award. Category: home interior products – furniture | project Tabhole2013
- 1° PRIZE Premio Eco_Luoghi. Category: urban regeneraton (under 35), Project: Rigenerazione del parcheggio multpiano a San Salvo (CH)2012
- HONOURABLE MENTION MA PRIZE 2012 – Atlanta Internatonal Design Award for Wheelly
- HONOURABLE MENTION MA PRIZE 2012 – Atlanta Internatonal Design Award for Perez Inostroza House2011
- HONOURABLE MENTION Natonal Competition PIAZZA DEL POLO UNIVERSITARIO DELLA FOLCARA2010
- SELECTED YOUNG BLOOD annual of Young Italians talent in the World
- 2° PRIZE Natonal Competton RENEWAL OF PIAZZA GREGIS – Gorlago (BG)
- SHORTLISTED MACEF DESIGN AWARD Internatonal Design Competton for Scrap2009
- SELECTED “ITALIA IN GIAPPONE 09” project WinOt
- NOMINATION WELL TECH AWARD Internatonal Design Award. Category: quality of life | project Wheelly
- 1° PRIZE Limited partecipaton Competton RENEWAL OF PIAZZA DANTE – Teramo
- 3° PRIZE Natonal Competton RENEWAL OF PIAZZA DUOMO – Cerignola (FG)
- SHORTLISTED BLUE RIBBON DESIGN AWARD | project 4kans
- SHORTLISTED MACEF DESIGN AWARD AWARD Internatonal Design Competton | project ForKnelt2008
- 1° PRIZE MACEF DESIGN AWARD Internatonal Design Competton | project Din-ink2007
- HONOURABLE MENTION PROGETTI_OGGETTI_ ITINERARI DI SOSTENIBILITÀ. European Workshop | project Tree-bù2005
- 1° PRIZE Internatonal Competton TRA ARCHITETTURA E CITTÁ
- 1° PRIZE Logo Design Competton OASI DELLA FOCE DEL SALINE
- 1° PRIZE Design competton Culture of olive oil and oil mill architecture for insttute ARSSA1998
- Selected work for frontpage of calendar for the 50° Anniversary of Human Rights Unesco
Photo Credit: Concepticonstudio
We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website.
You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!